Beyond the Desktop: Creating Mobile Sites and Applications
Date: Thursday, Sept. 1, at 11 am Pacific
- The pros and cons of apps vs. mobile sites
- Designing for small and mid-size screens
- Touchscreen design limitations
- Designing small-screen navigation
- Cross-platform strategies: iPhone, iPad, Android, and more
- Michael and Patrick will show an actual mobile site and iPad application (which Webvanta created for MI Windows & Doors), and illustrate how the differences from the desktop created opportunities and challenges in the phone and tablet environments.
> Recent Posts
Cowabunga! (October 5, 2017) …was probably the last word in my mind as I struggle to express the unholy mix of sheer excitement and overwhelming horror while I ‘fly’ down across Skyranch Tagaytay’s zipline...
Be sincere Mean what you say, always follow through. Try not to pay lip service, the truth is often unpleasant but there’s no substitute for it. At the very least, be honest to yourself There will be times when it’ll be most logical or easiest for you to lie, be it to get out of trouble, cope from a failure or maybe cover up a mistake...
World’s Cheapest Full Mechanical Keyboard A couple weeks back I had an insatiable itch to get my chubby fingers clickity-clacking on some cherry mx blue keys. But I’m really not down to drop a couple of hundred bucks or more for the current mainstream offering...